I've been feeling really homesick lately.
This past week I keep thinking of things that I've forgotten, items in storage, waiting to come out in September.
I'm also looking forward to so much, and want to constantly remind myself of the good things to come. It's a win-win, really. Longing for things and anticipating others. In the end of all this, I'll be reunited with my home and it will be better.
Right now I only have these lists, but will have everything from both columns in a few short months. It's mostly material things, but this being a year of sacrifice in so many ways, I honestly don't care. I love things. I miss my home.
These lists are ongoing.
Things I miss
- our paintings, prints and art
- my craft table!
- lots of room for our dogs
- frivolous vessels
- vintage pyrex
- books, all of our lovely books
- sunlight (We're living in a finished basement. I don't care how much time you spend outside, a lack of windows when inside is depressing. It coats your movement and shoves at your shoulders. It erodes you by inches, with another weight at the top of your chest, pulling you lower. It happens for months, so slowly. Now, even when it's cold outside, I wrap myself in blankets when I wake up and sit in the backyard. The sun is so healthy.)
- cake pedestals
- matching silverware
- space for everything to linger, nothing cramped together for necessity
- everything under the sun I use to bake and decorate
- full range of textiles and art supply, enough to fill a room
Things I'm looking forward to
- a dishwasher!
- our friends
- three bathrooms (it's been a long journey with one bathroom and many, many people who needed it at the same time). it's an absurd amount of bathrooms, but appreciated nonetheless.
- an upstairs and a downstairs
- a beautiful kitchen with lots of counter space
- sunlight in every angle of our home (Yes, I'm aware I'm moving to the pacific northwest. I lived there as a kid. A lot of times it doesn't rain all day, just for parts of the day.)
- windows everywhere
- taking photos in natural light
- a new job
- rain instead of snow
- christmas in our new house
- a fireplace
- three bedrooms (one will actually be our bedroom, one will be a library, the other my craft/sewing space until we need a kid's room...then we will share a library/craft/art/etc room. crap, we have never had this much space before!)